Wellington Pride Festival
The Wellington Pride Festival | Tū whakahihi e Te Whanganui-ā-Tara 2017 - with the theme of Fantasy - will run from 3rd - 19th March culminating with the Pride Parade and Out in the Park celebrations on Saturday 18th March ... more on the Pride website.
Armstrong & Arthur Charitable Trust for Lesbians
The Armstrong and Arthur Charitable Trust for Lesbians was established in 2001 by the late Bea Arthur for the benefit of lesbian community groups in the Wellington region. The Trust is named to recognise and remember the 57 year relationship of Bea and her partner the late Bette Armstrong. The Trustees invite applications for funding assistance, as grants, for projects and activities that will benefit all or part of the lesbian communities in the Wellington region. Visit the Trust website www.armstrong-arthur-trust.nz for information about how to apply for grants, and how to donate or make bequests to the Trust.
Application forms and guidelines are available from the Trust's website.
Leonie's email list
This is a service for distributing your notices to the lesbian community. To join
the list, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include contact details for several referees from the local lesbian community
with your request. Leonie will get in touch with the referees as it is important
to keep the list safe.
If you were once on the email list but have not received any messages for a long while you may need to rejoin.
Once you are on the list, you can send email notices to the same address for distribution. Any notice that will help or inform us as lesbians is sent out.
- When sending in a notice please include any relevant contact info in the content of the message or at the end - your email address in your message's header will be stripped out before the notice is distributed.
- Political notices, attachments and images are not sent out.
- And please keep your message simple - strip out earlier email messages to save Leonie having to do it!
Note: If you have a yahoo, xtra or hotmail email address you will need to jump through a few hoops on your mail account settings page to ensure that messages from Leonie are NOT treated as spam by the yahoo/xtra/hotmail mail server.
Coming out or new to Wellington
If you are coming out as a lesbian or are a lesbian who has recently moved to the Wellington region and you would like to find out more information about the gay community please email Monique Rei at email@example.com. She is happy to email back and forth or meet in a cafe and also let you know when social events are on and meet you there to introduce to others.
Support Kiwi groups supporting LGBTIQ youth
Let's support the groups and organisations that support the youth in our communities - they are always short of $$$ for their valuable work. Most are registered charities and have Donate pages on their websites.
- InsideOUT is a national organisation that works to make Aotearoa a safer place for all young people of diverse genders and sexualities to live and be in.
- Im Local - a project of Rainbow Youth that helps queer and gender diverse youth all over the country to feel valued, recognised and supported in their local communities. They focus on getting information into rural areas. I'm Local has a give a little we can support.
- Naming New Zealand is an organisation to help transgender, gender diverse and intersex youth with updating their identity documents to correctly reflect their sex and gender.
- TRANZform is a support group for youth who identify as transgender, fa'afafine, whakawahine, tangata ira tane, intersex, two-spirits, genderqueer, non-gendered, questioning and their allies.
- traNZgear is a group of trans* people and supporters dedicated to providing cheap items essential to the day to day living of transgender people throughout New Zealand.
Lesbian Radio Programme
The weekly Lesbian Radio Programme is broadcast on Sundays, 10 - 11 am, on Wellington Access Radio 783 AM. It is rebroadcast at midnight Tuesday to 1 am Wednesday.
Check our Lesbian Radio webpage for more information and links to listen to or download recent programmes.