Wellington Pride Festival 2020
21 February - 8 March 2020
Wellington Pride Festival | Tū Whakahīhī e Te Whanganui-ā-Tara is being held on 21 February - 8 March ... all over Wellington. Follow the Pride facebook page for more news as the programme is announced. The major events are:
What did you do for fun?
Participants are being sought for an online survey that asks people who were living as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or queer women for some or all of the 1980s in Aotearoa New Zealand to reflect on their social lives and the lesbian, gay, bisexual, or queer women’s culture they participated in during that decade. The research is being conducted by Dr Nadia Gush as part of a larger project exploring the social life of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and queer women during the 1980s. Questions relate to the things you did for fun, the people you felt comfortable hanging out with, and the way lesbians, bisexuals, gay and queer women dressed in that most fashionable of decades. Go to the survey website for more information and the online questionaire.
Armstrong & Arthur Charitable Trust for Lesbians
The Armstrong and Arthur Charitable Trust for Lesbians was established in 2001 by the late Bea Arthur for the benefit of lesbian community groups in the Wellington region. The Trust is named to recognise and remember the 57 year relationship of Bea and her partner the late Bette Armstrong. The Trustees invite applications for funding assistance, as grants, for projects and activities that will benefit all or part of the lesbian communities in the Wellington region. Visit the Trust website www.armstrong-arthur-trust.nz for information about how to apply for grants, and how to donate or make bequests to the Trust.
Application forms and guidelines are available from the Trust's website. The closing date for applications for the next funding round is 31 January 2020.
Leonie's email list
This is a service for distributing your notices to the lesbian community. To join
the list, email email@example.com
Please include contact details for several referees from the local lesbian community
with your request. Leonie will get in touch with the referees as it is important
to keep the list safe.
If you were once on the email list but have not received any messages for a long while you may need to rejoin.
Once you are on the list, you can send email notices to the same address for distribution. Any notice that will help or inform us as lesbians is sent out.
- When sending in a notice please include any relevant contact info in the content of the message or at the end - your email address in your message's header will be stripped out before the notice is distributed.
- Political notices, attachments and images are not sent out.
- And please keep your message simple - strip out earlier email messages to save Leonie having to do it!
Support Kiwi groups supporting LGBTIQ youth
Let's support the groups and organisations that support the youth in our communities - they are always short of $$$ for their valuable work. Most are registered charities and have Donate pages on their websites.
- Outerspaces is a charitable trust which operates as the parent organisation for three LGBTIQ+ youth groups, based in Wellington - School's Out, Tranzform, Naming New Zealand and Wellington Binder Exchange.
- InsideOUT is a national organisation that works to make Aotearoa a safer place for all young people of diverse genders and sexualities to live and be in.
- Im Local - a project of Rainbow Youth that helps queer and gender diverse youth all over the country to feel valued, recognised and supported in their local communities. They focus on getting i nformation into rural areas. I'm Local has a give a little page we can support.
- Rainbow Youth - Auckland based group that initiates and supports projects nationwide including InsideOUT and Im Local.
- OUTLineNZ provides a free confidential telephone help line from Auckland for Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender & Takataapui (GLBTT) - 0800 688 5463 (0800 OUTLINE). For all ages and an important service. They have a givealittle page.