The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
More details may be posted closer to each walk.
Sunday 12th May: Percy's Reserve, Lower Hutt
Percy's Reserve is located on the lower slopes of the western hills beside SH2, near
Petone. It contains seveal short loop tracks as well as tracks going up the hill to Frank
Cameron Park and beyond.
We will start with coffee at Bella Italia in Nevis St., Petone.
More details to come ...
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary (aka Zealandia) ... more
Email email@example.com for more information.