The Lesbian Overland and Cafe Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually - but not in January 2017
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
More details may be posted closer to each walk.
Next: Sunday 9 July: Korokoro Stream Track
We will assemble at the Cornish Street entrance to the Park at 10.30 am. The track
is at the south end of Belmont Regional Park, west of Petone - see the map below.
The track follows an old pipeline from the Cornish Street entrance
upstream through mature and regenerating bush to the Korokoro Dam.
Walking time ca. 3 hours there and back, with a break for lunch of course. It is an easy walk (the steeper bits have steps) and is somewhat sheltered from the weather. Wear/carry clothing appropriate for the weather (including a parka), and footwear for some muddy bits. Bring lunch and drink in your backpack.
Catch the 10.05 train to Petone, then walk across the pedestrian overbridge, south along Pito-One Road, then to the end of Cornish St.
Driving from Wellington: take the Petone foreshore exit from SH2, then drive north parallel to the hills, past the end of Jackson St. Take the overbridge to Korokoro, then hard left into Pito-One Road, south to Cornish St.
Driving south on SH2: exit into the Petone Station carpark, drive over the new overbridge to Pito-One Road, then south to Cornish St.
Trip leader Ellen 027 2094004 - please txt if you are coming
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary (aka Zealandia) ... more
Email email@example.com for more information.