The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
More details may be posted closer to each walk.
Sunday 14th July: Whareroa Farm, Paekakariki
Whareroa Farm is a reserve just north of Paekakariki township, across SH1
from Queen Elizabeth Park.
We will be walking from the car park area up through the Forest Loop Walk to the Horse track, up the hill to a wonderful view of the Kāpiti coastline. Lunch stop at Five Ways then down the East Ridge track and back through the dell and other Forest Loop track. About a 3 hour walk at a leisurely pace.
Getting there: Access to the park from the south: take the Mackay's
Crossing exit to Queen Elizabeth Park, approximately 3.5km north of Paekakariki. Then turn right
through the underpass to Whareroa Park; drive into the car park by the information building. If
coming from the North, turn off the expressway at the Mackay's Crossing exit.
Meet at the car park at 10:45, or get picked up from Paekakariki station at 10:30am (train leaving Wellington at 9:44am. NB Trains may be replaced by buses from Porirua north). If you would like a ride from the Paekakariki station please contact Linda (phone 027 4428563), or Sylvia (027 2954020). Be great to hear from you if you are planning to join the walk.
Wear/carry clothing appropriate for the weather (including a parka), and suitable footwear. Bring lunch and drink in your backpack. Coffee afterwards at our favourite café in Paekakariki.
- Future walks:
- Sunday 11th Aug: Hutt Eastern hills ridgeline, from Whites Line East (Woburn) to Days Bay
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Zealandia ... more
Email email@example.com for more information.