The Lesbian Overland and Cafe Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually - but not in January 2017
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
More details may be posted closer to each walk.
Next: Sunday 14 May: Mataihaku walk, Raumati Escarpment - great views!
We will meet at Paekakariki train station where locals can provide a short lift to the beginning of the track near Whareroa Farm. The walk takes about an hour each way with great views over Queen Elizabeth II Park and the sea from Mana to Kapiti islands, then a bird's eye view of the ugly new expressway. The grassy track can be slippery if wet. You can choose between another hour's flat walk through QE2 park or a lift back to Paekakariki's Perching Parrott for a coffee.
Getting there: Train from Wellington dep 09.15am, arr. Paekakariki 10.00 am; return half-hourly.
Service from Waikanae is replaced by a bus from station at 9.30am or 10.00am, takes 15
Txt Linda 0274 428 563 if you are coming, esp if you can offer a ride from Paekakariki station.
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary (aka Zealandia) ... morehttp://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/wellington-kapiti/places/whareroa-farm/
Email email@example.com for more information.