The Lesbian Overland and Cafe Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
More details may be posted closer to each walk.
Sunday 13th Jan: Orongorongo River, Rimutaka Forest Park
A two hour walk to the river through regenerating forest, with the option of
spending the night in the Tararua Tramping Club hut, which Lainey has booked.
The Park is off the Coast Road south of Wainuiomata so we will be car pooling. There is
more information about the walk on the DOC website
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in the overnighter option. Lainey can advise on the gear you will need.
Bring lunch or snacks and water, and dress for the weather including boots or sturdy sneakers. Dogs on a leash are permitted.
Txt Lainey if you are coming on 027 3039006.
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary (aka Zealandia) ... more
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.