The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
More details may be posted closer to each walk.
Sunday 10th March: Zealandia
A ramble in Zealandia, Wellington's amazing wildlife sanctuary. This season's
chicks will have fledged and be learning their adult songs, tuatara and lizards may be
out sunning themselves, and we can learn about recent arrivals in the sanctuary including
takahe. Plus a visit to the Overlanders seat in the sanctuary.
See the map of Zealandia on the city council's website.
Maximum admission charges will be $19.50 (adult) or $16.50 (concession), and we’re hoping to reduce that as Sanctuary members can take in up to 5 friends in for half the adult price. So Sanctuary members please come with your membership card and help spread the love.
Bring lunch and drink in your backpack, your hiking pole if you have one, and wear sturdy sneakers. Moderate fitness required as there be hills. No dogs!
Meet in the Zealandia carpark (end of Waiapu Road) near
the entrance at 10:30am
Getting there: Catch the 10:17am (or earlier) no.2 bus at the stop at the foot of Lampton Quay (west side, outside chemist shop). Get off at the first stop after the tunnel and follow the Zealandia signs down Waiapu Road.
Car pooling from the railway station may be available by prior arrangement with the trip leader (Ellen 027 2094004}
This walk is part of the Wellington Pride Festival 2019
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary (aka Zealandia) ... more
Email email@example.com for more information.