The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
More details may be posted closer to each walk.
Sunday 10th November: Cape Palliser and Baring Head lighthouse
A walk along the Wainuiomata south coast to Cape Palliser and the Baring Head lighthouse. The walk goes through the Turakirae Head Scenic Reserve where there are raised beaches that were uplifted by major earthquakes over past millennia. More details to come.
If the day is really really sunny we may instead do a shady bush walk south of Wainuiomata.
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Zealandia ... more
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.