The Lesbian Overland and Cafe Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually - but not in January 2017
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
More details may be posted closer to each walk.
Next: Sunday 9 April: Dry Creek, Haywards
A circuit at the northern end of Belmont Regional Park from the carpark at the
bottom of Haywards Hill SH58. This walk goes uphill in bush, then emerging onto
the ridgeline. We can walk on to Boulder hill if the weather and our energy allows
- fab views etc, then return through the bush on a different track. This is about
3.5 hours return.
Meet at the front of the Wellington Railway Station 10am to car pool, or at the walk start by 10.30 - it is near the junction of SH2 and SH 58 at the foot of the Haywards hill. See the map below for location.
Contact Ellen (04) 566 0140 or txt 027 2094004 [Hutt}, or txt Lainey 027 3039006 [Wellington] for transport/car pooling.
Map derived from the Greater Wellington map
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary (aka Zealandia) ... more
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.