The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a serious tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
More details may be posted closer to each walk.
Sunday 12th January: Polhill Reserve from Aro Street
The Polhill Reserve loop walk starts at the small grassed area on Aro Street
just before Holloway Road. See the City Council or Run Wellington web pages for more information about the walk.
Bring your lunch and drink, and dress for the weather. Dogs must be on leads.
We will assemble at the Aro Café from 10am and then at the start of the walk
Catch the 9:30am no 25 Aro Valley-Highbury bus from the railway station.
Trip leader: Marnie 027 9017358
Sunday 9th February: Otaki Gorge
Short walks in the Otaki gorge area - details to come
Sunday 8th March: Zealandia
A ramble in Zealandia, Wellington's amazing wildlife sanctuary.
Details to come ...
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Zealandia ... more
Email email@example.com for more information.