Occasional drinks & dinner at Finns Bar, Paekākāriki
Usually held on the third Friday of the month at Finns Bar, Paekākāriki.
Next: Friday 21 May from 5.30 pm
Please phone Finns and add you name to Sally’s table 04 292 8081 or email email@example.com and book a seat at Sally's table if you intend staying for dinner. It is a busy place and helps the staff if they can reserve the right sized table.
Tuesdays at the LILAC Lounge
LILAC open on Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm. The
LILAC Lounge will offer more social, and less book-ish activities. They're aiming for a simple,
and reasonably predictable monthly rotation. All lesbians welcome
Level 2, 187 Willis Street (there is a lift)
- 18 May: No LILAC Lounge - time when the Lilac Collective meets.
- 25 May 6:30pm: Ukeleles sing! Just a bit of fun, a
More info on the Tuesdays at the LILAC Lounge webpage
Blondini's drinks at Scotty & Mal's
A relaxing gathering usually held every second and fourth Friday of the month, at Scotty and Mal’s, 176 Cuba St from 5.30. Just come along and look for a likely looking group of women and join us. Follow on facebook.
Next: Friday 28 May
Kāpiti lesbians dining out
Potlucks are held on the Kāpiti Coast, usually on the first Saturday of the month. Lesbians from any area is welcome to attend - bring a mains or dessert to share, beverage of your choice. Singles and couples are welcome, as are visiting lesbians. The dates and venues are advertised via Leonie's email list.
LILAC - the Lesbian Library
LILAC is a lending library for lesbians and queer women with a great selection of books, DVDs and magazines. It is at 187 Willis Street, 2nd floor (flat access from the street, lift). More info on the LILAC website at lilac.lesbian.net.nz including an online catalogue.
LILAC is open:
- Wednesdays 5.30-7.30 pm
- Thursdays 11 am-2 pm
- Saturdays 11 am-2 pm
Lesbian Overland and Café Club
The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is a social walking group for lesbians and their women friends. Young or not so young, we'd love you to join us. We choose walks from the Wellington region, alternating between Kapiti, Wellington, the Hutt Valley and sometimes the Wairarapa, starting and often finishing in a local café ... more ▶
Sunday 13 June: tba
... details coming soon
Les Ukes - ukelele lessons
Stitch and Butch
A group of fun supportive queer folk who enjoy being crafty with yarn (while
yarning craftily). Their creations adorn bike stands and bollards around the CBD and
they are always preparing for their next splash of colour to brighten our city.
They meet Mondays, 6-8 pm at at St Andrews on the Terrace in the Rainbow Room on the second floor. Cost – koha.
Bring along your own project – their knowledge can solve many problems, or contribute
to their collective work. Or come just for some friendly company and a cup of tea (sometimes
there is even cake!)
They welcome donations of wool, yarn or thread. And they can find ways to recycle clothes and kitchen excess when you de-clutter. ... check their facebook page.
Social media groups
Suddenly the place to be ...
- lgbtqi+ Out & About Wellington for letting non-straight women know what's on in Wellington and surrounds
- Wellington Rainbow Families
- Aotearoa New Zealand Queer Herstories
- NZ Lesbians Social Group - lots of chat ...
- LEZconnect NZ - a safe space for lesbians to share experiences, ask for advice and insight, chat and meet new people
- Femme Club - social events for femmes and friends.
- Hutt/Wellington social group for lesbian & bisexual women
- Lemon Tea Wellington lesbian, bi & mtf trans dining and social group
- Queer whānau building Pōneke - A Wellington based group for queer whānau of every kind. Have kids, dream of a family, dedicated Aunty, straight parents with queer kids and more
- Rainbow families NZ - a friendly forum for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) parents, prospective parents, and their families
- plus a list of LGBTQ groups on our Rainbow page