Wellington Pride Festival March 1 - 17 2024
The dates for Wellington Pride Festival 2024 have been announced and the Board are calling for registration of events and of stalls for Out in the City ... more on the Pride Festival website; follow on facebook. Sign up as a volunteer!
The dates for major events are:
- Sat 2nd: Opening Gala Event
- Fri 8th: Youth Ball
- Sat 9th: Hīkoi
- Sat 9th: Pride Parade and Street Celebration
- Sat 16th: Pride Picnic
- Sun 17th: Out in the City
The full programme of events is on the Pride Festival website ... it's HUGE!
Rainbow Games 2024 - Tāmaki Makaura Auckland 5 - 8 April 2024
Get ready to experience a celebration of diversity, hauora and athleticism like no other! The Rainbow Games 2024 is a multi-sports event celebrating diversity. The main goal is to provide a safe space for everyone to come together and play sports.
Sports include badminton, basketball, diving, football, lawn bowls, netball, roller derby,
rugby 7s, running, softball, swimming, ten pin bowling, tennis, touch, and volleyball 4s ... phew!
Visit the Rainbow Games website for more information and registration - registration closes on March 4th. Follow on facebook.
Armstrong & Arthur Charitable Trust for Lesbians
The Armstrong and Arthur Charitable Trust for Lesbians was established in 2001 by the late Bea Arthur for the benefit of lesbian community groups in the Wellington region. The Trust is named to recognise and remember the 57 year relationship of Bea and her partner the late Bette Armstrong. The Trustees invite applications for funding assistance, as grants, for projects and activities that will benefit all or part of the lesbian communities in the Wellington region. Visit the Trust website www.armstrong-arthur-trust.nz for information about how to apply for grants, and how to donate or make bequests to the Trust.
Application forms and guidelines are available from the Trust's website.
Leonie's email list
This is a service for distributing your notices to the lesbian community. To join
the list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were once on the email list but have not received any messages for a long while you may need to rejoin - email Leonie.
Once you are on the list, you can send email notices to the same address for distribution. Any notice that will help or inform us as lesbians is sent out.
- When sending in a notice please include any relevant contact info in the content of the message or at the end - your email address in your message's header will be stripped out before the notice is distributed.
- Political notices and attachments are not sent out.
- And please keep your message simple - strip out earlier email messages to save Leonie having to do it!
Groups supporting LGBTIQ youth
- InsideOUT is a national organisation that works to make Aotearoa a safer place for all young people of diverse genders and sexualities to live and be in.
- Im Local - a project of Rainbow Youth that helps queer and gender diverse youth all over the country to feel valued, recognised and supported in their local communities. They focus on getting i nformation into rural areas. I'm Local has a give a little page we can support.
- Rainbow Youth - Auckland based group that initiates and supports projects nationwide including InsideOUT and Im Local.
- OutLineNZ provides a free confidential telephone help line (0800 688 5463 (0800 OUTLINE)) and online chat support service for the rainbow community. For all ages and an important service. They have a givealittle page.