Wellington Pride Festival March 4th - 18th 2023
The dates for major events have been announced:
- Sat 4th: Opeing Gala and Official Pride Hikoi
- Sat 11th: Youth Ball
- Sat 18th: Out in the City
Cervical cancer screening online survey
Do you take part in cervical screening? Why/why not?
Currently very little is known about non-heterosexual women's engagement in cervical screening in Aotearoa - and the reasons we do, or do not, engage with this process. Please consider contributing to this important Kaupapa. Follow this link to find out more about the research and/or to participate in the survey.
Sonja Ellis is undertaking this study exploring non-heterosexual women's engagement with cervical screening. Sonja is a lesbian, and an experienced researcher in both sexual and gender diversity and sexual health. She is an Associate Professor in Te Kura Toi Tangata (School of Education) at The University of Waikato, New Zealand. The research has received some funding from the Waikato Graduate Women Educational Trust - it is not in any way funded, or connected to, any health care entities. Contact Sonja at firstname.lastname@example.org
Armstrong & Arthur Charitable Trust for Lesbians
The Armstrong and Arthur Charitable Trust for Lesbians was established in 2001 by the late Bea Arthur for the benefit of lesbian community groups in the Wellington region. The Trust is named to recognise and remember the 57 year relationship of Bea and her partner the late Bette Armstrong. The Trustees invite applications for funding assistance, as grants, for projects and activities that will benefit all or part of the lesbian communities in the Wellington region. Visit the Trust website www.armstrong-arthur-trust.nz for information about how to apply for grants, and how to donate or make bequests to the Trust.
Application forms and guidelines are available from the Trust's website.
Leonie's email list
This is a service for distributing your notices to the lesbian community. To join
the list, email email@example.com.
If you were once on the email list but have not received any messages for a long while you may need to rejoin - email Leonie.
Once you are on the list, you can send email notices to the same address for distribution. Any notice that will help or inform us as lesbians is sent out.
- When sending in a notice please include any relevant contact info in the content of the message or at the end - your email address in your message's header will be stripped out before the notice is distributed.
- Political notices and attachments are not sent out.
- And please keep your message simple - strip out earlier email messages to save Leonie having to do it!
Support Kiwi groups supporting LGBTIQ youth
Let's support the groups and organisations that support the youth in our communities - they are always short of $$$ for their valuable work. Most are registered charities and have Donate pages on their websites.
- InsideOUT is a national organisation that works to make Aotearoa a safer place for all young people of diverse genders and sexualities to live and be in.
- Im Local - a project of Rainbow Youth that helps queer and gender diverse youth all over the country to feel valued, recognised and supported in their local communities. They focus on getting i nformation into rural areas. I'm Local has a give a little page we can support.
- Rainbow Youth - Auckland based group that initiates and supports projects nationwide including InsideOUT and Im Local.
- OutLineNZ provides a free confidential telephone help line (0800 688 5463 (0800 OUTLINE)) and online chat support service for the rainbow community. For all ages and an important service. They have a givealittle page.