It's back ... and we are in level 2 lockdown. Some activities will resume under level 2 rules but others won't be happening until we are back at level 1.
A Rainbow in the Village - Paekākāriki PRIDE Festival 2021
Kia Ora Village people, the Paekākāriki Pride Festival Committee has decided
that this year's Festival will proceed only if we are in Covid-19 Alert Level One over
This year's programme will be one-day only on Saturday 23 October with the Parade followed by a Dog Show /Picnic. The Pride Dance will be on the Saturday night. Sunday will be the rain day if needed.
In saying this, if the Level One rules are not conducive to safely having a festival, the programmed events will not proceed.
Follow on facebook for updates.... and cross fingers for a Covid-free country and stunning weather.
Something to watch under lockdown ...
FLUNK: The Exchange - Lesbian High School romance web series
Sabina and Esther's relationship is pushed to breaking point when international exchange student Annie comes to stay. The Exchange is a new feature film from the creators of Flunk. Buy or rent on Vimeo to support Flunk and see the whole film first, as well as get access to lots of exclusive behind the scenes videos.
Filmed in Auckland – FLUNK: The Exchange follows the complicated love lives of Annie (Mirene Castelltort) Sabina (Lucy Wyma – ‘Shortland Street’) and Esther (Celine Dam – ‘The Eggplant’) exploring themes including first loves, believing in yourself, and moving on from the past.
Armstrong & Arthur Charitable Trust for Lesbians
The Armstrong and Arthur Charitable Trust for Lesbians was established in 2001 by the late Bea Arthur for the benefit of lesbian community groups in the Wellington region. The Trust is named to recognise and remember the 57 year relationship of Bea and her partner the late Bette Armstrong. The Trustees invite applications for funding assistance, as grants, for projects and activities that will benefit all or part of the lesbian communities in the Wellington region. Visit the Trust website www.armstrong-arthur-trust.nz for information about how to apply for grants, and how to donate or make bequests to the Trust.
Application forms and guidelines are available from the Trust's website.
Leonie's email list
This is a service for distributing your notices to the lesbian community. To join
the list, email email@example.com
Please include contact details for several referees from the local lesbian community
with your request. Leonie will get in touch with the referees as it is important
to keep the list safe.
If you were once on the email list but have not received any messages for a long while you may need to rejoin.
Once you are on the list, you can send email notices to the same address for distribution. Any notice that will help or inform us as lesbians is sent out.
- When sending in a notice please include any relevant contact info in the content of the message or at the end - your email address in your message's header will be stripped out before the notice is distributed.
- Political notices, attachments and images are not sent out.
- And please keep your message simple - strip out earlier email messages to save Leonie having to do it!
Support Kiwi groups supporting LGBTIQ youth
Let's support the groups and organisations that support the youth in our communities - they are always short of $$$ for their valuable work. Most are registered charities and have Donate pages on their websites.
- OuterSpaces is a charitable trust which operates as the parent organisation for three LGBTIQ+ youth groups, based in Wellington - School's Out, Tranzform, Naming New Zealand and Wellington Binder Exchange.
- InsideOUT is a national organisation that works to make Aotearoa a safer place for all young people of diverse genders and sexualities to live and be in.
- Im Local - a project of Rainbow Youth that helps queer and gender diverse youth all over the country to feel valued, recognised and supported in their local communities. They focus on getting i nformation into rural areas. I'm Local has a give a little page we can support.
- Rainbow Youth - Auckland based group that initiates and supports projects nationwide including InsideOUT and Im Local.
- OutLineNZ provides a free confidential telephone help line (0800 688 5463 (0800 OUTLINE)) and online chat support service for the rainbow community. For all ages and an important service. They have a givealittle page.