The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a serious tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
Sunday 11 October: Cannon Point from Totara Park
This is a moderately demanding walk on a well formed track, in the hills to the north west of Upper Hutt. It is 10 km long and passes through private land (no dogs) and the Akatarawa forest. Highlights include native bush, the historic Birchville Reservoir and spectacular views of the Hutt Valley ... more.
Meet outside the Wellington railway station at 9:30am to car pool - let
the leader know if you need a lift or can offer one from there.
OR by car, turn left off SH2, River Road, into Totara Park, go straight ahead at the 1st roundabout; at 2nd roundabout go into the carpark on the left. We will meet there ca.10am
Bring lunch, snacks and drink in your backpack, dress for the weather, and wear sturdy sneakers or boots. Bring a walking stick if you find it helpful.
Trip leader Lainey 027 3039006 or email@example.com
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Zealandia ... more
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.