The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is a social walking group for lesbians and their women friends. Young or not so young, we'd love you to join us. We choose walks from the Wellington region, alternating between Kapiti, Wellington, the Hutt Valley and sometimes the Wairarapa, starting and often finishing in a local café.
- Walks are usually held on the second Sunday of the month
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry a parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
Sunday 14 November: Whareroa Farm, Paekākāriki
Whareroa Farm is a reserve just north of Paekākāriki township, across SH1 from Queen Elizabeth Park. We have secured our very own local lesbian guide for 'a highlights of Wharaeroa' walk. About a 3-4 hour walk with a lunch break!
We will meet for coffee at the Perching Parrot Café in Paekākāriki about 10ish, and proceed to the park at 10.30.
Getting there: Access to the park from the south: take the
Mackay's Crossing exit to Queen Elizabeth Park, approximately 3.5km north of Paekākāriki.
Then turn right through the underpass to Whareroa Park; drive into the car park by the
information building. If coming from the North, turn off the expressway at the Mackay's
Crossing exit. Meet at the car park at 10:45.
Trip leader Lainey 027 3039006 - contact her for car pooling from Wellington. Contact Ellen 027 2094004 for car pooling from Lower Hutt.
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Zealandia ... more
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.