The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is the social walking group for vaguely active lesbians and slightly fitter women. Not a serious tramping group, but there is one "club" rule: walk some before retiring to a café. And we're not a club as such ... just whoever turns up on the day.
- Walks are held on the second Sunday of the month - usually
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
More details may be posted closer to each walk.
Sunday 31st May: Pūtangirua Pinnacles, Palliser Bay
A trip to Pūtangirua Pinnacles (formerly known as The Pinacles) on the south
Wairarapa coast. See the DOC webpage for
more information about the location, and the Wikipedia page
for some geological and movie history.
We will go to Lake Ferry for fish and chips before driving home. We should be back in town by 6pm. There are also options for staying overnight. Bring your lunch and drink. Dress for the weather and wear sturdy sneakers.
Trip leader: Lainey 027 3039006 0273039006 - txt or call her
by Sunday 24th if you are interested.
Koha for drivers.
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in the Zealandia ... more
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.