Lesbian Overland and Café Club
The Lesbian Overland and Café Club is a social walking group for lesbians and their women friends. Young or not so young, we'd love you to join us. We choose walks from the Wellington region, alternating between Kapiti, Wellington, the Hutt Valley and sometimes the Wairarapa, starting and often finishing in a local café.
- Walks are usually held on the second Sunday of the month ... usually
- We assemble outside the front of the Wellington Railway Station - at 10.00am [or 9am or ...] - check the trip instructions
- Please bring lunch, water and snacks. Wear or carry a parka, day pack, shorts or walking long trousers, sneakers or tramping boots, sunblock and hat or gloves and spare jersey ... depending on the season. Your leader will have a small first aid pack.
- It's best to contact the trip leader so she knows you are coming, can arrange car pooling and can give you any additional information.
- Koha to drivers when we car-pool.
Sunday 16th April: Waikanae river walk
Meet at the front of the Wellington Railway station at 9am to car pool
to Waikanae, or catch the 9:14 train.
We will meet opposite the Waikanae railway station about 10:20am - the 9:14 am train from Wellington arrives at 10:14am. [Buses may replace trains from Wellington - we'll keep an eye on this.]
We walk from the station to the river, follow it downstream to the lower footbridge, Otaihanga Park and the beach. Then back upstream on the south bank to complete the loop, and to Sylvia's house for afternoon tea. An easy flat walk - boots not needed ... unless it's muddy.
Bring lunch or snacks and water. Dress for the weather.
Txt Syliva 021 744485 if you are coming, or Ellen 027 2094004 for car share from Lower Hutt
Overlanders seat in Zealandia - the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary
The Overlanders have their own seat in Zealandia ... more
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.